MY SHRINKING PRODUCTS... COFFEE

Old coffee on left, newest on the right
SAME PRODUCT, SMALLER CONTAINER, MORE MONEY...

So today I awoke and proceeded to make my usual morning cup of coffee - nothing fancy or expensive, no latte or anything like that, just a simple cup of INSTANT coffee.  That's right.  I have a perculator but for some unknown reason I have chosen to have instant coffee every morning - for the past 5 years!

Anyways, I have noticed that my coffee container became smaller.  It wasn't the usual glass jar either. I know there are alot of products that change their designs all the time but this is not what I'm talking about.  The size became smaller.  The price is more, but the bottle seemed to have shrank!

So as you can see from the picture above, my old coffee used to look like the one on the left - a taller glass container, and now it looks like the one on the right - a lighter, plastic container.
And the weird part is, they both still weigh the same - at least according to their packages.  I don't get it!


Both coffees weigh 200 grams.



I was curious about the NET WEIGHT...







A FULL Jar - 



So a full jar weighed roughly around 267 grams.  Then I weighed an empty jar...


 An EMPTY Jar - 




So do the math guys!  267 - 57 = 210 grams.  OMG!  They actually give us more than they state!  Albeit, not a hell-of-alot more, but more nonetheless.

I also weighed the larger jar, but full - not empty! I didn't want to empty it just yet...  But it seems I/we were getting A LOT more for our money back then.





Holy crap!  It almost weighed twice as much! I remembered a few months back pouring the coffee from the larger jar into the smaller plastic jar and it all wouldn't fit!

So the jars got smaller as the prices went up, (almost doubled in price!).  We had a good thing going in the past and never even knew it!


So that, my friends, is my shrinking product for today which is just another - sign of the times.



No comments:

Post a Comment